On Wednesday 12 February 2003 18:34, Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> Olivier Thauvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > What about puting this package on main instead contrib. It seems lot of
> > poeple want or need it:
>
> why is not done in rpmdrake ?

Do you mean 'why is it not done in rpmdrake'?
I think it would be a valuable addition to rpmdrake. Or at least to the
software entry in drakconf. You keep getting people not even understanding
that they can add mirrors as a source for rpmdrake (typing the exact url is
apparently to hard).

Alternatively, it would be good to be able to click on a webpage, resulting in
rpmdrake being started, asking you if you want to add this resource for
downloading software from (sort of urpmi://). It sounds a bit insecure, but
I'm sure many users are already copying the urpmi.addmedia lines from the
club or naradon without thinking or knowing what those commands do, so
automating the whole process with proper warnings would be better.

d.