SPANISH RICE CASSEROLE
Pamela added the sentence, beginning, "add remaining ingredients ..." where it
seemed appropriate to do so in order to make the recipe complete.
1/2 cup chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 lb. ground beef
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
2/3 cup rice, washed
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2/3 cup chopped ripe olives
1 green pepper, chopped
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 cup water

Sauté onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Add ground beef, breaking up into
smaller pieces.

Cook, stirring frequently for 10 minutes.

Add remaining ingredients. Stir together and bring back to boiling.

Reduce heat and simmer, covered on low heat for 45 minutes or turn into a
casserole dish, cover and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
Enjoy.

Pamela Fairchild
<pamelafairch...@comcast.net>