From: coworking@googlegroups.com [mailto:coworking@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Aloma Loren
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2018 12:25 PM
To: Coworking
Subject: [Coworking] When a member moves in :( How to deal with a member who is
living in their office.

We have a member, we'll call this member X.

X moved into a private office a couple months ago.

X gave 30 days notice that they will be out by the end of November, however,
they want to continue their membership as a Flex Desk member so would still
have 24/7 access to the space.

It is clear from our security cameras X is here 24/7. Walks around the space in
their socks, is always in the same clothes, looks like they don't shower...
Hung a towel over the inside of the door to block any little space between the
blinds.

The other night the cameras showed the police here at 4:30am walking through
the space with flashlights. X says they had a friend in here that got violent
and they had to call the police.

X refuses to let us show the office to new members. They claim they are on the
phone and busy all day. They literally slammed the door in my office manager's
face when she was trying to talk to her very kindly about this.

Anyone dealt with this kind of situation before?

I can handle not showing the office. I have a feeling it would not show well
anyway.

I do not feel comfortable with X still having access to the space after they
move out of their office.

Have you had to cancel a membership/refuse someone before?

How do you word it?

Any advice or just sharing of stories welcome.