<< At 06:52 AM 12/18/98 -0600, Linda Minor wrote:
 > -Caveat Lector-

 >Anyone who refuses to see that this was a set up is no different than the
 >people who followed Hitler blindly into the holocaust.

 O.k., assuming, arguendo, that your speculation is correct,  I would still
 prefer someone in the White House who is not so easily manipulated, or at
 least more in control of himself than my dog.  This is your defense - that
 Clinton is not responsible for his own actions?

 >Do some research and use your brain.

 Why are certain persons on this list so friggin arrogant?  Because someone
 disagrees with you does not mean that they aren't using their brain.  Could
 your reference to tunnel vision simply be a projection of your own
 behavior???   In light of your education, the fawning veneration that you
 display for a political figure is inconceivable.

 >That's what I like about your posts, William.  They show you think and ask
 >questions.

 Translation:  You agree with my view of St. Clinton.

 Stripped of the verbiage, these defenses have been repeatedly propounded by
 the Clintonistas:

 (a)     Clinton's lies were only about sex - one must be a prude to object;
 (b)     Everyone engages in extra-marital affairs;
 (c)     Republicans are criminals but don't get caught;
 (d)     The vast right wing conspiracy is out to get Clinton; and the newest
 and most profound
 (e)     Monica made him do it.

 You'll have to do much better than the above to convince anyone who has not
 worshipped at Clinton's altar.

 Barb

Bravo, some good points. Gavin.