-Caveat Lector-

Well, I hope we can agree to disagree.

The Constitution is a 'political document.

It is not a legal document using 'Law' definitions.

If anything, the constitution is a 'common' document.

"Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes
and Misdemeanors."

The 'common' meaning of misdemeanor is - Misbehaviour; a misdeed.  Then there
is the legal definition which is an offense less than a felony; a comparative
legal term.

You will notice that the legal comparative is not mentioned in the
Constitution. high Crimes is not considered a subsitute for the word felony,
legally nor commonly. Because the word midemeanor is not used in the legal
sense.

By a quick perusal of quotes from the Federalist and by the very actions of
the generation that founded our great country with blood and fortitude; and
wrote that great document, that sexual matters and personal 'crimes', (a
felony or misdeamors leagally) were not impeachable offenses.

Different viewpoints.

I did speak too soon on a double jeopardy defense, <I'm from Canada, says
Alex>
On checking in the good Document,  and impeachment is just removal from
office, disqualification from trough flow;"but Party convicted shall
nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgement and
Punishment according to law."

And yes, the President, is out on his "own recoginzance", untill his term
ends.
As he would be in most any court in the land, for his 'level' of criminality
on the four impeachment charges. With his prior 'arrest and conviction'
record. His 'service to the country'. Those are criteria judges use.

I would rather Clinton resign. I do not believe that a partisan impeachment is
the way to go.

I do not care for Clinton, Don't know other than what I read, Don't know the
man, don't know anyone that does. Had no truck with the guy.  If he is just a
stooge, Moe could have done a much better job. If <ha-ha> the mainstream line
of; here is this guy from hope, arkansas that just overcame the odds and ran
for president and won, is true -- what a stupid SOB. it could be a story among
the many or some combination of such that is true or is he somewhere between a
played patsy to a let-them-eat-cake, while I screw around and keep my job
cause . . .

@#$%^ 'em all and the bus they rode in on.

Here is to the best of futures.