On 7/15/20 11:05 AM, Muhammad Mashhood wrote:

My question is that along with this, can I also export the stress and strain tensors data of quadrature points i.e. "local_history_strain_values_at_qpoints[i][j]" directly to the output file (.pvtu or .vtu etc.) i.e. without mapping or averaging etc. on the node. In this way I want to directly visualize the quadrature point values of stress and strain in Paraview.

The question is more a philosophical one than one of how you can achieve this. Typically, when we output information in finite element contexts, we output them as "fields", i.e., functions of space. This allows us to show them as surfaces, with color gradients, etc. The strategy you have found of taking values defined in (quadrature) points and converting them to fields is a way to make that happen.

If you want to output the stress/strain information, you have two options:

* You actually do show them as values defined only at individual points,
  rather than as fields. In this scheme, the stress/strain really only exists
  at the quadrature points, but not anywhere in between. You can't create
  surface plots, you can't create isocontour plots, etc.
* You create a field that somehow approximates these point values. There are
  different ways of doing that, and the approach you are currently using is
  one way for this.

So the question is mostly: What's your goal with this? Do you want to show these quantities as fields, or as data to be visualized at individual points?

Best
 W.