Dear Prof. Wolfgang,
                                      Thank you very much for the
suggestions. To have a quick solution, I am opting the first suggestion
i.e. to make particles on quadrature points and assigning them the tensor
quantities. And if I gain some reasonable results specific to my project
then I might also want to add it as a permanent feature in my code by
spending more time to implement the second suggested solution of elegant
way. So I have updated my version from 9.1.1 to 9.2.0 and started writing
the code for particles.

My original code is similar as step-42 but first I am using step-42 to
fulfill at least the task of creating particles on quadrature point
locations.

I have declared the concerned variables:

*    Particles::ParticleHandler<dim> particle_handler;
types::particle_index           next_unused_particle_id;*
*    MappingQ<dim>             mapping;*

and then added the following syntax during construction of  class (
*PlasticityContactProblem<dim>::PlasticityContactProblem*) (after line 833):

*    , mapping(1)    , particle_handler(triangulation, mapping,
/*n_properties=*/dim)    , next_unused_particle_id(0)*

When I run the step-42 then it returns following error:

*.~/working_dir/step-42$ /step-42 p1_chinese.prmSegmentation fault (core
dumped)*

I tried to comment out the line "  , particle_handler(triangulation,
mapping, /*n_properties=*/dim) " and by doing so the code starts running
normally.

I have tried to run it in the debug mode but over there the program exits
with following error:

*(gdb) rStarting program: ~/working_dir/step-42/step-42 [Thread debugging
using libthread_db enabled]Using host libthread_db library
"/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".*** Call this program as
<./step-42 input.prm>[Inferior 1 (process 5082) exited with code 01]*

Can there be a possible problem in using the " *particle_handler(triangulation,
mapping, /*n_properties=*/dim) *" ? Thank you!