Dear Prof. Wolfgang,
                                      Thank you for the comprehensive and
informative response. As my goal is to access the original Gauss point
values and I do not want to involve any interpolation or approximation
scheme so I would like to opt for the first option among the two you
mentioned:

*"If you want to output the stress/strain information, you have two

** You actually do show them as values defined only at individual points,
rather than as fields. In this scheme, the stress/strain really only exists
at the quadrature points, but not anywhere in between. You can't create
surface plots, you can't create isocontour plots, etc. * You create a field
that somehow approximates these point values. There are different ways of
doing that, and the approach you are currently using is one way for this."*

So far it would be enough if I have the Gauss point values only at the
points rather than having complete field. I like to access these point
values of stress and strain tensors in .vtk file or .pvtu file through
ParaView (same as I am accessing the results currently).
I would be grateful if you or any other user has experience in this regard
or know about relevant deal.ii tutorial dealing with same feature. Thank
you!