On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 3:51 AM Ken Starr <kenst...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> We fully support spending money on diversity but not with results like these.
>  Sever ties with outreachy and find another way to spend the outreachy money
> in 2020.

I'm not quite sure about other parts of this email, but I understand
that outreachy for Debian itself might have already served its
original purpose as an experiment of attracting more diversity.

Because people's interests are always changing, it appears that Debian
people are less motivated to work on organizing and mentoring paid new
comers nowadays than a decade before, this includes GSoC which does
not cost Debian money. So it would be a good thing to evaluate whether
we consider a longer term commitment to outreachy is profitable and
desirable, or we find the gap between expectation and reality suggests
something else.

Best regards,
Aron