‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, February 22, 2020 9:15 AM, Ulrike Uhlig <ulr...@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 21.02.20 17:09, Ken Starr wrote:
>
> > Debian spends $25,000 every year on just four women
>
> This is entirely wrong as far as I can tell:
>
> Outreachy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit under their parent organization,
> Software Freedom Conservancy. Outreachy internship stipends, travel
> fund, and program costs are supported by donors. Debian itself does not
> pay any intern.

When people donate money to Debian, it goes into SPI and other bank accounts.
There is no Debian bank account, as you say, Debian itself does not pay any
intern nor does it pay anything else.

The Debian money is transferred from the SPI bank account to the Outreachy bank
account directly.

People give this money to SPI because of the great work that all Debian
volunteers are doing.  SPI and Outreachy both take commissions for handling
this money.  The remainder goes to maybe 2 or 3 interns each round.