Hi!

On 21.02.20 14:33, Aron Xu wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 3:51 AM Ken Starr <kenst...@protonmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We fully support spending money on diversity but not with results like
>> these.  Sever ties with outreachy and find another way to spend the
>> outreachy money in 2020.

The above quotes email is another example of the ongoing smearing
campaign against Debian, so I have not replied to it previously.
However, I feel I need to reply to this now:

> I'm not quite sure about other parts of this email, but I understand
> that outreachy for Debian itself might have already served its
> original purpose as an experiment of attracting more diversity.

It was hopefully not just an experiment.

> Because people's interests are always changing, it appears that Debian
> people are less motivated to work on organizing and mentoring paid new
> comers nowadays than a decade before, this includes GSoC which does
> not cost Debian money. So it would be a good thing to evaluate whether
> we consider a longer term commitment to outreachy is profitable and
> desirable, or we find the gap between expectation and reality suggests
> something else.
If you, Aron, feel the need to properly discuss Outreachy's benefits for
Debian, I propose to do that not over a mailing list, but in a BoF at
whichever DebConf, together with the people who actually take care of
Outreachy and GSoC, as well as with the Debian Diversity and (remains
of) the Debian Women team.

Oh, and to finish with, I know several Outreachy interns who still
contribute to Debian - I am one of them.

Ulrike

Please do not feed more trolls here. Thank you.