Hi,

>In the -ports world, hppa doesn't have Java anyway, while m68k, powerpc
>and sh4 seem to have had a re-bootstrap at some point; so I think it's
>only the release architectures armel and armhf that have a problem here.

I hacked that, and I tried to do armel and armhf as well but
dak stopped me, whereas mini-dak was not as strict.

I did the observation that doko changed their source packages
to have the binaries Recommend instead of Depend on the libraries
in question. (Unfortunately neither before the transition started
nor coordinated with the openjdk-8 maintainer (me).)

I downloaded the latest binary packages of openjdk-{8,11,17,21},
changed all references to the libraries in question to refer to
their t64 counterparts, bumped the version number, repacked the
.deb files and updated the .changes files as if to do a binNMU.
After uploading, I used wanna-build to set the priority high so
they get rebuilt before someone considers using them.

mini-dak accepted these, but dak requires that the archive has
the corresponding source available, and since new versions (the
part before the Debian hyphen-minus) had already been uploaded,
it did not have them at hand any more either.

The rebuild process succeeded, as openjdk building itself does
indeed not use the libraries in question (or at least those
parts of their interface that are time_t-relevant).

I don’t have access to a fast armel machine (only an RPi 1) and
to no armhf machine, so I’m not in the situation of throwing the
.debs from above into a chroot to rebuild the current sources.
I *was* considering writing to whereever the t64 transition was
coordinated for ARM, we’re using #debian-ports on OFTC for the
d-ports architectures and I couldn’t find out where to write to
for arm{el,hf}, so this mail of yours comes at a good time ;-)

The options for the armel/armhf porters are to either get the
.debs from me, install them in a chroot, and then the other B-D,
and rebuild the packages, or to use dpkg --force-depends to
install the dependencies (which makes it hard to use apt to
install the other ones unless you also edit /var/lib/dpkg/status
by hand first, something I was already used to from my reviving
m68k back in 2012–2015) into the chroot then rebuild there.

I will gladly help if it’s made possible for me to help. This
cannot be done on a porterbox because it’s still impossible to
either install arbitrary .debs into a chroot there or to obtain
root in the chroot to be able to force installation in the absence
of some Depends.

So if you have a fast armhf box or two, ideally with chroots
already made for sid, which you don’t mind temporarily giving
me root on, I’m in, otherwise I’ll answer questions from these
doing that work if needed.

I *think* 8/11/17/21 are the only versions we need to handle.

This does save us from having to rebootstrap this.

bye,
//mirabilos
- --
When he found out that the m68k port was in a pretty bad shape, he did
not, like many before him, shrug and move on; instead, he took it upon
himself to start compiling things, just so he could compile his shell.
How's that for dedication. -- Wouter, about my Debian/m68k revival