On Tue, Mar 26, 2024 at 6:30 PM Thorsten Glaser <t...@debian.org> wrote:

> [...]
>
> The options for the armel/armhf porters are to either get the
> .debs from me, install them in a chroot, and then the other B-D,
> and rebuild the packages, or to use dpkg --force-depends to
> install the dependencies (which makes it hard to use apt to
> install the other ones unless you also edit /var/lib/dpkg/status
> by hand first, something I was already used to from my reviving
> m68k back in 2012–2015) into the chroot then rebuild there.
>
> I will gladly help if it’s made possible for me to help. This
> cannot be done on a porterbox because it’s still impossible to
> either install arbitrary .debs into a chroot there or to obtain
> root in the chroot to be able to force installation in the absence
> of some Depends.
>
> So if you have a fast armhf box or two, ideally with chroots
> already made for sid, which you don’t mind temporarily giving
> me root on, I’m in, otherwise I’ll answer questions from these
> doing that work if needed.

I can send you two dev boards, if you want them. The first is
Wandboard Dual (Cortex-A9, ARMv7 with NEON), and the second is
CubieTruck 5 (Cortex-A7, ARMv7 with NEON and VFPv4). Both work, but I
don't use them much anymore. I've mostly moved on to Aarch64.

Provide your postal mailing address, if you want them.

Jeff