Hi Riccardo,

ok, so where could we "hire" a graphics driver developer that would be willing
(will get paid) to support the SPARC community? At least with a "decent" X
support we can do most of the things. And the more people can use it on SPARC
we may attract more people to return to the platform.

Cheers

Iggi

´╗┐Am 27.08.21, 18:44 schrieb "Riccardo Mottola" <riccardo.mott...@libero.it>:

    Hi,

    Phillip Stevens wrote:

    >     > I can only comment on mach64 on 32 bit Sparc, it was working
    >     fine. The
    >     > desktop was reasonably responsive.
    >
    >     Did you try the mach64 driver that was reintroduced to the Debian
    >     package archive?
    >

    > Not yet.

    How are things with it? I think I use it on the iBook G3, which, while
    not SPARC, is still a Big Endian system. Didn't upgrade since some time.
    it is an incredibly used chip in its many variations, from laptop to
    servers with many variants!

    I'd conribute to a bounty too to improve support for these cards, or
    test myself on this system. Also the newer RV350 based card I have on
    mac has issues with textures an artefacts not seen on intel systems. But
    I don't know if a card based on it was used in Suns.

    Riccardo