On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:19:32 +0400
Reco <recovery...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 07:40:27AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:17:32 +1100
> > Charlie <aries...@skymesh.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > >  On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 09:59:10 +0400 "Reco recovery...@gmail.com" sent
> > >  this:

> > > I agree with Reco. FSF: The right kind of nuts.
> > >
> > > What kind of software do people want? The kind that puts them on the
> > > drip feed even after they pay the first time? They can have that if
> > > they want. Linux people use Linux because they don't want that. They
> > > are not forbidden to use it, much of it is not in Linux, but the choice
> > > to use it is there in other operating systems.
> > >
> > > I've never tried mint because Debian does what I want/need/desire. The
> > > grass is green enough here, I have no need to journey to the fence.
> >
> > The point here is that the FSF, who you consider "the right kind of
> > nuts", *discourages* you from using Debian.
>
> GNU are free to express their option about 'freeness' of Debian.
> GNU are free to make their distribution based on Debian suited to their

Okay, and I am free to express my opinion about FSF's stance on
freeness and Debian.

> taste.
> Note, that GNU approach to the software worked for 30 years, and did so
> successfully.

I freely concede that I owe the GNU / FSF a great debt.

> Debian project is free to express their option about GNU.
> Debian project may take GNU position into a consideration (removal of
> firmware blobs from Linux kernel is a fine example of that), or ignore
> it (invariants in GNU documentation are non-compliant with DFSG).
> Note, that Debian approach to the software worked for 20 years, and did
> so successfully.
>
> Debian uses GNU software, GNU uses Debian as a base for one of their
> Linux distribution and a primary development platform for GNU/Hurd. Both
> are more or less happy with this situation.
>
> You, for some strange reason - is not.

FSF is clearly not happy about Debian's policies, and I am not happy
about their unhappiness. Not sure why you, for some strange reason, are
unhappy with my unhappiness.

Celejar