Hi all!

I am planning to migrate about 200 e-mail accounts from a mail server
using Dovecot to a mail server running Cyrus.

The idea is to migrate emails maintaining the status read, unread, etc,
and also synchronize Draft, Sent and Trash folders in each mailbox.

I think the best will be make it through IMAP. This would also be
agnostic to the storage mechanism used (MAILDIR, system users accounts,
etc) in the source and destination servers. Following this course of
action, I found this [1] interesting article written by Falko Timme in
HowtoForge.

But it seems that imapsync is no longer available in the Debian
repositories [2] because the developer was implementing a payment model
for obtaining this software and then maybe he thought that Debian could
affect their income so he gave a resounding "No" [3] to continue
distributing it. A very respectable decision, I think.

I was checking the official site [4] of imapsync and even though the
developer seems to have a paid business model, it seems that the source
code is still available. In fact he has documented the Debian
installation process [5] and there he makes mention of downloading a
tarball. Although I do not see a link on where to get the tarball. Maybe
I'm missing something?

It seems that the license [6] has no restrictions, but it is unclear
where to get the code (again, if I'm missing something, please let me
know). Apparently there is a repository on Github for imapsync [7] but I
have come to it using a search engine.

For the current license, this could make it a candidate for
incorporation in the Debian repositories again?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Daniel

[1]