> > I'm all for your GUI because I know it will make your business more
> > successful even though it will probably be of no use to me at this
> > point. I certainly could have used it in the beginning and I would
> > have probably bought Declude earlier than I did.  I'll bet
> that Dave
> > might even be able to teach you a few things in that regard, and it
> > would keep them out of playing with the executable for that much
> > longer :)

I think that everyone who want to set up (and maintain!) a effective
spamfilter should have a good knowledge about how SMTP, DNS and Co. works.

At this point there should be no difference between a text or GUI based
configuration, because it's important WHAT you configure and not HOW.

So instead of offering a GUI where users don't know what to configure,
create a manual, statistic background for individual tests and configuration
parameters so that your customers know what they do - independent if in a
text file (really anyone should be able to use notepad) or using a GUI and
the newest infrared-bluetooth-solar-powered-force-feedback mouse.

So please:

-a complete reference of all existing tests
 independent if released or in beta-state.
 for us spamfighters counts only if usefull or not

-this reference should have ONE place and ONE format.

-tecnical or statistical background, usefull informations, alerts, user
reports, special solutions can be attached as additional document to each
individual test. So anyone trying out a test the first time or looking for
how to set it up has ALL important information on ONE place and not to
"search the archive"

Since I know for every single test in my configuration file how often it has
correct/wrong results I'm able to configure and optimize my configuration
far far better then before. (BTW: MTLDB has both correct and wrong results
below 1% of all processed messages on our server. The ratio between correct
and wrong is 55:45)

Having such a documentation it should be absolutely no problem for everyone
to create his own cfg-file.

Also I mean that Declude is very very flexible and any GUI - of not realized
very very VERY good - will decrease this flexibility.

As I know there is also a long ToDo list and I really hope that every thing
on this list has more priority then any GUI programming.

Markus