> Scott  already indicated that he planed on having a system where the
> GUI  was  just  simply  an  overlay  to  the  config  files  and not
> necessarily required...

I  agree that there's nothing wrong with a configuration GUI.

There   is,   however,   something  VERY  wrong  with  a  non-working,
non-informative  INSTALLATION  GUI  as far as it predicts non-working,
non-informative GUIs to come. When the mainstream configuration option
is  (still)  manual  editing, (a) not revealing what is to be silently
added to the configuration; (b) not allowing the manual addition to be
turned  off;  and (c) not disclosing the non-negotiable 8-point weight
are all very poor indicators of the authors' present ability to create
a  GUI for less experienced users. Adding an 8-point test abounding in
FPs  without  notification would be catastrophic for the targeted crop
of newbies, far more than it was for us.

Nobody  would  mind  a  user-friendly GUI that we could work around if
desired. But the "GUI" we've seen this week was user-unfriendly in the
extreme,  really  a  poorer omen for its intended audience than it was
for us.

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange Addresses into IMail Aliases!

http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/