On 08/12/2016 03:32 PM, Aaron Wolf wrote:
> On 08/12/2016 02:28 PM, Stephen Michel wrote:

>>> My biggest concern is "carried over from last month" could give the
>>> impression that we *do* charge more than the limit for a month, like if
>>> the limit is $10 and the crowdmatching gets to $12, we carry over $2 to
>>> the next month. Of course, that's not what we're proposing. But I think
>>> it needs to be clear that the carry over is only from charges too small
>>> to be worth it given fees.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure how to make that clear, but the point is that the
>>> carry-over is only ever funds that could have been charged earlier but
>>> we delayed them to minimize fees.
>>>
>>> The "to next month" parts get this, but the first thing I saw was "from
>>> last month" and there it wasn't clear.
>> In June of the mockup, it shows a scenario where $pledge + $fees >
>> $limit. This would allow someone to accrue a running balance that will
>> never be paid off, and violates our "no more than $limit per month"
>> rule. I don't think that should ever happen; in that scenario the pledge
>> should become suspended.
>>
>> However, that is not related to how we present the information on this
>> page.
>>
> Absolutely, and Stephen's point aligns with mine. The only thing that
> should ever be carried over is charges that came from a month that was
> too low to be worth charging. We should never carry over fees. The total
> of pledges *plus* fee has to be under the limit for a given month to
> keep the pledge active.

I think something is getting lost here.  I'll try to find it in previous
emails but we have definitely discussed a scenario where we need to
carry over to the next month in order to gradually get rid of carry over
from previous months, which would initially have exceeded the limit.
Let me see if I can find what I'm referring to...