On 7/15/2015 3:23 AM, Benjamin Smedberg wrote:

Given that premise, we shouldn't just change aArgument; we should adopt the Google C++ style guide wholesale:

* names_with_underscores
* members_with_trailing_
* no more ns prefix

I used this style in a personal project, and I quickly came to regret it.

Distinguishing whether a variable is a member verses being a local var by a single '_' character I found was harder, as '_' is a very small character, and is hard to see, especially when syntax highlighting is underlining the word. Whereas the difference between a leading 'a' and 'm' is very obvious, even when syntax highlighting is underlining the word.

I think adopting Google style is a bad idea.

cpearce.