From: Stefano Mazzocchi

> On Wednesday, Nov 5, 2003, at 12:19 Europe/Rome, Unico Hommes wrote:
>
> > setStatus' friends the sendError brothers are also be
> eligible for FOM
> > membership. But this change has a dependency on the
> discussion about
> > bodyless responses since if you'd do a sendError from a flow script
> > and then send a page afterwards this would result in errors.
>
> I dislikde "sendError" because, in fact, HTTP does not have
> the concept
> of errors, but only status codes and empty-payload responses.
>
> In the future, it's entirely possible to have a 309 or
> equivalent that
> is not an error, but has a empty-payload response. I would dislike to
> call "sendError()" to send something that is not an error,
> feels hacky.
>
> I think the optimal solution is:
>
>   1) add response.setStatus() in FOM
>   2) allow the flowscript to terminate without calling
> sendPage* [thus
> resulting in an empty payload]

I'm +1 with the idea to send pages without payload but -0 with
flowscripts which terminate without calling sendPage*. I would prefer an
explicit way. I think this has advantages when you want to learn what a
script does and I have the feeling that an implicit sending of HTTP
headers can fool you if you have to debug your scripts.

--
Reinhard