Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

On Wednesday, Nov 5, 2003, at 12:19 Europe/Rome, Unico Hommes wrote:

setStatus' friends the sendError brothers are also be eligible for FOM
membership. But this change has a dependency on the discussion about
bodyless responses since if you'd do a sendError from a flow script and
then send a page afterwards this would result in errors.

I dislikde "sendError" because, in fact, HTTP does not have the concept of errors, but only status codes and empty-payload responses.

In the future, it's entirely possible to have a 309 or equivalent that is not an error, but has a empty-payload response. I would dislike to call "sendError()" to send something that is not an error, feels hacky.

I think the optimal solution is:

1) add response.setStatus() in FOM
2) allow the flowscript to terminate without calling sendPage* [thus resulting in an empty payload]

Vote?

Before we vote: how to resolve "flow actions" issue then? There should be migration path for users who already have wrote an actions wtih flow.

(remember? you've said that actions should be replaced with flowscript ;-)

Vadim