Ok, since the existing “Tooling” thread has been hopelessly derailed into …
whatever that is, I’m going to try to reboot this thread.

So far, we have a proposed solution from Paulo:

> I've played around with badgr.com <http://badgr.com/> a bit and was able to
> create the
> following organization and badge very quickly (the site usability is pretty
> good):
> - ORG: https://badgr.com/public/issuers/bumbzeisQSuoN3Q_G4753Q/badges
> - BADGE:
> https://badgr.com/public/assertions/ROzmBXUXQ9Cs86uMYdrGvA?identity__email=pauloricardomg%40gmail.com

After poking through this a bit, it looks like there’s no way to run this on
the hosted service and have it integrated with ASF LDAP, as each individual
badge recipient would have to create an account through their tooling. This
rather violates the “easy” requirement.

Anyone have any insight into if, or how, we might do that, or another badging
tool that may make this easier?

—
Rich Bowen
rbo...@rcbowen.com