One question that could come up is:

* what if someone does a single commit, and the ID is reserved and blocked
for posterity

We could add a 1 year TTL where the contributor would need to do another
commit within the next year to continue reserving the ID. This would
incentivize people with reserved IDs to keep doing contributions to keep
their reserved handles.