On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Ian Holsman wrote:
> I belive 2.0 beats 1.3 on these metrics, but like everyone here, Ihave
> no more energy proving/disproving which is faster.. 2.0 works for me,
> and thats all I really care about, not who else is using it.

Do you really believe this to be true for Apache2-prefork as well?

It may be, I just have never seen any evidence of that in my own tests.
Obviously both servers can easily fill a 100M connection when just serving
up static files at which point it comes down to what sort of cpu load
doing so puts on the server.  I really don't see any compelling advantage
of Apache2-prefork over Apache1 to justify the development costs involved
in porting hundreds of modules.  And I am not speaking with my PHP hat on
here, by the way.  And a threaded mpm is just not an option.  Most humans
are simply not smart enough to write threadsafe code.

-Rasmus