I can only speak from experience with what we have done here internally but I
can also attest that releasing too often is a real pain. You end up having a
bunch of releases publicized that no one cares about. It only serves to clutter
a repository and makes it confusing to consumers wrt which one to use.

I love the agile model of development but I don't think this equates to
"releasing something immediately if there are fixes available" as Jason put it.
The release needs to be weighed against the value it provides and the extra
time and effort the community needs to soak and test that release.  Agile
states that your software should be releasable at anytime, but it does not
state that it should be continually released.

Of course, the opposite (ie: not releasing enough) is just as bad if not worse.
 Have to find that sweet spot ;-).

---
Todd Thiessen