On Thu, 17 Sep 2020, 19:00 Eirik Bakke, <eba...@ultorg.com> wrote:

> Using Inkscape will be attractive to programmers (most of the people on
> this list), and people who are using vector drawing software for the first
> time. This crowd does _not_ tend to produce good-looking graphics--after
> all, it's not what they do for a living.

This is completely untrue! It's like saying NetBeans is free so not used by
professionals.

And yes I'm annoyed by that comment. I regularly attend Libre Graphics
Meeting, and have met many of the Inkscape devs as well as professionals
and studios doing fantastic work with libre graphics tools. A number of
whom, groups I've already mentioned, are very committed to improving design
in open source software.