On Jun 9, 2013, at 9:40 AM, Ian Lynch wrote:

> My main thought was market confidence. If LO can say they have 26
> developers working on code it would be interesting to have a
> comparison on a similar "like for like" basis.

Before we can make a like for like comparison we need to understand the TDF
process:

From the page you cite:
> Certified Developers are present TDF members, were nominated by the
> Certification Committee, and subsequently peer-reviewed by the Engineering
> Steering Committee.

But there is also a disclaimer (with a grammatical error of translation):
> Notes on the aforementioned entries: our list of certified developers is for
> your information, alphabetically sorted, and not necessarily complete nor
> up-to-date. Specifically does TDF not recommend nor endorse any of the listed
> companies. Interested parties are asked to individually assess if the listed
> companies are suitable for their respective requirements. If you notice
> mistakes or inaccuracies, please inform us ati...@documentfoundation.org.

Unless we can replicate this process I am afraid that any "like for like"
comparison may be fodder for press FUD.

We would need to use a publicly measurable approach like "more than X commits
to the code base". It is likely that X would need to be supported by examining
the commit logs of LO and comparing with their list finding the person with the
least commits who is on their list.

If someone can provide this comparison then I would support a blog post. This
could also point to our full committer count to show that the project values
all contributions.

We can also emphasize that at the ASF it is individuals and not companies that
are contributing.

Regards,
Dave