On September 3, 2016 12:38:56 AM toki wrote:
>On 02/09/2016 19:06, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
>>> What can Apache OpenOffice offer that related projects like
>
>LibreOffice cannot?
>
>> That is not an important question:
>In terms of marketing that is the only question that is relevant.
>It doesn't matter if you are trying to get more developers, or trying
>to get more corporations to use AOo, or trying to get more individual
>users to use AOo.

I would suggest that the question goes beyond marketing. It is about
purpose as well. What makes AOO worth spending time on, as opposed to
any other similar project?

Perhaps you might start by asking those who have been involved in AOO
and OpenOffice.org what attracted them in the past, and why or why not
the same attractions still exist.

For that matter ask why people have NOT chosen AOO. I know that could
get contentious, of course. But why, for example, is AOO almost totally
unrepresented in ODF Authors, when much of its work applies as much to
AOO as any project?

--
Bruce Byfield 604.421.7189 (Pacific time)
Writer of "Designing with LibreOffice"