Hi Stephan,

thank you *very* much for your hints and pointers, which I need to
follow and study in full in order to be able to experiment with it!
(Will take some time, though.)

> If the three additional jars (bsf-v242-20070128.jar,
> bsf-rexx-engine.jar, oorexx-uno.jar) are only needed by
> ScriptProviderForooRexx.jar, create a ScriptProviderForooRexx.oxt
> extension (see
> <http://api.openoffice.org/files/documents/22/3887/Extensions.pdf>)
> instead that contains all four jars (and can also contain additional
> information like extension identifier, version, update information,
> see <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions_packaging>).
>
> That way, your functionality (a script provider for ooRexx) comes as a
> self-contained entity (that can be deployed in one step via unopkg or
> OOo's "Tools - Extension Manager..."), without the need to add
> additional jars to special places (OOo's program/classes, JVM's
> extension path).
That sounds exactly what I have been looking for (in addition I will
have to supply platform dependent DLLs/so platforms and supportive -
platform independent - scripts), could glimpse over it already a bit and
saw that link libraries can be bundled for different platforms.

Also it seems, that deploying the extension will become really easy for
the user, including updating the extension!

Again, thank you very much!

Regards,

---rony