Hi Stephan,

thank you very much for your answers!

... cut ...

>     * ad "application/vnd.sun.star.uno-component;type=native":
>
> No, such files are not put on any path.  If those libraries are UNO
> libraries that support services/singletons, they will be found by the
> UNO framework via the information recorded at deployment time.  If
> those libraries are used by other libraries, those libraries must make
> sure to find them (e.g., via RPATH on ELF platforms).

Hmm, in the case of the ooRexx scripting engine:

    * there is a platform dependent DLL/so which needs to be accessible
      (at the moment I copy it into "OOoHome/program"), so the library
      is *not* an UNO-component, just a native library,
    * there are three text files (actually ooRexx programs) named
      BSF.CLS, UNO.CLS, UNO_XINTERFACES.REX which also need to be
      accessible by ooRexx scripts (and for that reason I have to copy
      them into "OOoHome/program".

Is there a means with the extension package manager (via a
"manifest:media-type") to cause these files to be either made accessible
via [D]PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH, or have a means available to tell
the package manager where to copy these files in the standard OOo
installation tree in a platform independent manner)?

Regards,

---rony