On 03.07.2014 15:01, Peter Krall wrote:
> Hi Renée,
>
> are you sure custom Skins (Output\HTML) should go under Custom? It never
> actually worked for me this way either, and sounds as if it would go head
> to head against what the dev doc says about Skins:
> http://otrs.github.io/doc/manual/developer/3.3/en/html/skins.html

As you already said, Templates != Skins.

And yes, this should work (I already used that several times).

These are the lines in the code responsible for that feature:

https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-3_3/Kernel/Output/HTML/Layout.pm#L398
https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-3_3/Kernel/Output/HTML/Layout.pm#L539

https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/blob/rel-3_3/Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm#L813

See this commit:
https://github.com/OTRS/otrs/commit/4cdcff91ff8cab98d6bd351b9096714a6e490d19

I can't say why it didn't worked for you. That would need some debugging...
(Was there an old Defaults.pm or old Layout.pm? Were the correct
permissions set etc.? What version of OTRS was that? Was the config
rebuilt? Was the server restartet? ...)

Kind regards,
Renée

--