My two cents; you could recommend that companies that has commercial
support to use a unique name on their offering/landing page that gets
picked up by search engines and let the general public know what that word
is...

When I personally am looking for this for project Foo, then "foo -site:
apache.org" is the starting point. And that could be smoother.

Cheers