Von: Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Gesendet: Montag, 27. Januar 2020 01:45
An: dev@plc4x.apache.org <dev@plc4x.apache.org>
Betreff: Re: [DISCUSS] Guideline for "professional support" Mentioning on
Homepage

Hi,

> as Lukas just opened up a discussion about mentioning commercial support on
> the (new) PLC4X Homepage.
> One Example where this is done is Apache Druid
> (https://druid.apache.org/community/ see Getting Help).

I dislike the Druid example as it shows who the committers are working for,
that should not matter. Individuals contribute to Apache projects not
companies. Having links to those companies (next to the committer name) when
they may or may not be ASF sponsors is even worse.

Re commercial supped listing them is OK as long as all that ask are listed and
it not being seen as promoting or suggesting one over another. It must be
vendor neutral.

Thanks,
Justin