On 2/8/2017 11:09 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
And any PRs I have managed to get through were all uphill battles the whole way.

You have contributed 5 PRs to dmd:

  https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Aabscissa

    1 is open (it's controversial)

    1 closed (today by me)

    3 merged
        1 in 6 days
        2 in 1 day

Overall, I think you've done well.

  https://github.com/dlang/druntime/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Aabscissa

    5 PRs, 3 merged.

  https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pulls?q=is%3Apr+author%3Aabscissa

14 PRs, 1 merged. (I didn't check all the reviews, but the ones I did looked fair.)

---

In any case, shouldn't it be an uphill battle to merge things? There are a lot of things that need to be satisfied to merge something. Being too hasty leads to legacy code that we come to regret, angry people whose code was broken, and technical debt.

Check out our current list of regressions:

https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=regression&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&list_id=213638&query_format=advanced

Hasty merges wind up there, and usually someone other than the one who broke it has to fix it.