On Wednesday, 8 February 2017 at 18:27:57 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
1. Why your company uses  D?

  a. D is the best
  b. We like D
  c. I like D and my company allowed me to use D
  d. My head like D
  e. Because marketing reasons
f. Because my company can be more efficient with D for some tasks then with any other system language

My company doesn't use D.

2. Does your company uses C/C++, Java, Scala, Go, Rust?

My company uses what the customers ask for, we don't get to choose that much.

iOS projects - Objective-C, Swift

Java projects - Java, Scala, Clojure

Windows projects - C#, VB.NET

Web Projects - JavaScript on frontend with a Java or .NET stack on backend

Android projects - Java

Hybrid development across iOS and Android - Cordova, Ionic

Traversal to all projects, C++ as infrastructure language for performance reasons or integration of C and C++ libraries.

3. If yes, what the reasons to do not use D instead?

Customers don't ask for it on their RPF to allow its use.

2. Have you use one of the following Mir projects in production:

  a. https://github.com/libmir/mir
  b. https://github.com/libmir/mir-algorithm
  c. https://github.com/libmir/mir-cpuid
  d. https://github.com/libmir/mir-random
  e. https://github.com/libmir/dcv - D Computer Vision Library
  f. std.experimental.ndslice

No, as they don't follow on the typical enterprise computing projects we work on.

3. If Yes, can Mir community use your company's logo in a section "Used by" or similar.

4. Have you use one of the following Tamedia projects in your production:

  a. https://github.com/tamediadigital/asdf
  b. https://github.com/tamediadigital/je
  c. https://github.com/tamediadigital/lincount

No, I wasn't aware of their existence.

5. What D misses to be commercially successful languages?

A GC that can compete with Java and .NET ones.

The IDE tooling at the same level of the InteliJ and Visual Studio.

Above all, a killer project that makes customers ask us about employees with D skils. As an example, Docker and Kubernetes success means our devops guys are slowly improving their Go skills in the newly introduced internal training.

6. Why many topnotch system projects use C programming language nowadays?

Due to existing tooling, libraries and that for many companies using a managed language + C, is good enough and allows for cheaper developers.

Also many developers born after memory safe system languages lost the market to UNIX + C, think that C was the first one to exist for system programming.

All my current D project are finished. Probably I will use other languages for production this year, Java/Go/whatever. Mir libraries are amazing and good quality. If you use them this would be a good motivation for us to improve the docs and provide regular updates. Plus, it can be enchanted during the GSoC 2017.