On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 23:35:36 UTC, Seb wrote:
Someone revived the Expressive C++17 Coding Challenge thread today and I thought this is an excellent opportunity to revive my blog and finally write an article showing why I like D so much:

https://seb.wilzba.ch/b/2018/02/the-expressive-c17-coding-challenge-in-d

It's mostly targeted at beginners as I explain many basic D features, but maybe it's helpful for beginners looking into D.

Very nice read!!! Thank you!

One "typo?" Chapter 8)

same format function that would normally be called at compile-time
 s/compile/run/

It would be good to say a little more about the '!' ct-parameter

At fist when reading D code coming from ruby (after, php,...C++,C, Pascal...), I thought, that the ! is like in Ruby just an way to distinguish between a function modifying the contend or not (compare gsub to gsub!) it took sometime before this important bit came clear to me. So just something, like functions in D may have two parameter brackets:
One for compile-time and one for run-time parameters:
fun!(ctParam)(rtParam) ... short fun!(cParam)() ... fun!ctparam

Other point:

Showing some more alternative D solutions for the same problem, might be a little contest in this thread, just post your shorter and better solutions :-)