On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 13:55:44 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:

dlang's "forum" is really a newsgroup. It's accessible via NNTP, mailing list, and the web interface. Many of us never use the web interface, and the functionality in the web interface is limited, because all it's doing is posting to the NNTP server and fetching the messages from there to display in the web interface.

And none of the features that you're talking about really make sense when you're dealing with NNTP or a mailing list. It's all just plain text.

- Jonathan M Davis

With the recent grumbling about receiving newsgroup posts in gmail, it occurs to me that I have no idea how to even do that. I imagine I could figure out Thunderbird if I bothered, but I primarily use the forum.

Maybe the forum could add a read me at the top that gives instructions on others ways to access it with a note that most of the regular users interact that way (and how this functionality leads to things like not being able to edit forum posts). This would probably reduce the number of threads like this.