We may need a survey to have a good overview about users opinions.

Speaking on behalf of myself, after additional inputs from many excellent and respectful users in this 'forum'. I can say that, on the scale of 1 (least geeky) to 10 (most geeky), I would put forum.dlang.org to the level 8 of geekiness required to use the forum. It may be natural for long-time users, but for newcomers, it is very challenging.

Mentioning 'challening', here is an excerpt from a fictional interview with the inventor of C++:

=====
Interviewer: I see, but what's the point?

Stroustrup: Well, one day, when I was sitting in my office, I thought of this little scheme, which would redress the balance a little. I thought 'I wonder what would happen, if there were a language so complicated, so difficult to learn, that nobody would ever be able to swamp the market with programmers? Actually, I got some of the ideas from X10, you know, X windows. That was such a bitch of a graphics system, that it only just ran on those Sun 3/60 things. They had all the ingredients for what I wanted. A really ridiculously complex syntax, obscure functions, and pseudo-OO structure. Even now, nobody writes raw X-windows code. Motif is the only way to go if you want to retain your sanity.

Interviewer: You're kidding...?
(https://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/susan/joke/cpp.htm)
=====
I hope it is not offensive to bring up C++'s problems and relate them to D, but the point I am trying to make is *accessibility*. Provided that dlang community is not a the point of saturation, and still needs to grow, things need to be: Accessible (less geeky, less restrictions); Easy to learn and implement; Safe and Fast to program and to run. That would make a good acronym: SAFE safe-accessible-fast-easy, all go in parallel :)