-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric
Scheid
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2007 8:27 PM
To: IxD
Subject: Re: [IxDA Discuss] Placement of credit card logos

On 4/12/07 3:15 AM, "Ari Feldman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> most, not all ecommerce sites offer credit card payment options in a drop
> down menu with Visa usually defaulted as its the most popular card in the
> US.
>
> because it's defaulted, some users may not click on the menu to reveal
other
> choices like AMEX or Discover, etc.

blech, drop downs always hide options :-(

One site I recently visited did something smart - although they had the card
type as a drop down, they did display next to that the credit card
logos/icons ... and they *also* put a smidgen of javascript on those images
such that clicking (say) the Visa logo would select Visa in the drop down.
People do click images. Go with the flow.

by the way - in an early study into what makes websites more trustable, it
was found that prominent display of credit card logos had an effect (more so
than the various TRUSTe style badges). Don't know if that is still the case
though .. time to repeat the research.

e.