At the Information Architecture conference in Miami last week, Jared Spool
imparted that eye tracking is just fluff to get the executives excited
about UCD.... he doesn't value it as a science beyond the obvious. We
already know that people don't look at advertisements and avoid certain
areas of the page.

While it will look good on a resume to have the experience, I tend to agree
with Jared.

             "Andre Charland"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             mail.com>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             ists.interactiond
             esigners.com                                          Subject
                                       [IxDA Discuss] Is Eye Tracking too
                                       expensive or complicated?
             04/17/2008 07:11
             PM

Hey All,

I just put together about Eye Tracking
(http://www.insideria.com/2008/04/is-eye-tracking-out-of-reach.html)
but I thought I'd put the question out to the list:

"Why isn't eye tracking used more in design and testing of rich
internet applications?"

I really have no experience with it, but am going to be working with
it this summer so looking for thoughts from some of you more
experienced with usability testing and eye tracking.  I think for me
it's been cost and lack of knowledge/acccess that's kept me away from
it in the past.

Cheers!

--
André Charland
President and Co-Founder, Nitobi

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT:
This e-mail transmission contains information that is intended to
be confidential.  It is intended only for the addressee named
above.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read,
copy, or disseminate it.  If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of
this information is prohibited.   Please reply to the message
immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected.  After replying, please erase it from your computer
system.  Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.