Essentially yes.  My first thought always is to want to click "sign in".
 When I can't I look to see if I'm already signed in.  When I realize I'm
not, I look for a "sign in" link... and when I don't find that I click any
of the links in order to "sign in"...
Maybe I'm crazy... :-)

--------
Russell Wilson
Vice President of Product Design, NetQoS
Blog: http://www.dexodesign.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/russwilson