I think also that, as UI designers, we're over-aware of patterns like
"signing in" to see certain things upon arriving at a given site
(because we've all worked on this kind of site so often, and executed
this pattern).

This discussion seems to indicate that our own baked-in experiences
can lead us to avoid innovating.

Sometimes our training can lead us to think in ways that users don't.
Something to watch out for, I think.

-Anne

Anne Hjortshoj | anne...@gmail.com | www.annehj.com | Skype: anne-hj