Paul Webster wrote:
> To add to bpa's comments ...
> it requires a power transformer - so, unlike a tablet, it is not very
> mobile.
> Joggler was than brand name used by the UK telecoms operator O2.
> They were available in O2 shops for around 300GBP at launch ... or free
> if you took it instead of a phone upgrade.
> This lead to a lot making their way into people's home - but they were
> not as successful as hoped so price drops were used to clear the stock.
> Think of them as similar to a Squeezebox Touch without optical out but
> with an internal speaker.
>
> As a parting gesture, O2/Openpeak provided a way to unlock the devices
> (although the community had already achieved it).
>
> They became even more similar to the Touch when JiveLite was ported to
> it and a replacement operating system (SqueezeOS) was made available.
> I use them as both players and controllers.
>
> I had access to one of the very first in the UK (before the product was
> announced) because the company I worked for provided some of the
> back-end services that it used.
> I took one in exchange for a phone upgrade and bought one or two from O2
> when the price went down a lot. Since then I think I have acquired at
> least 10 more and pushed them into homes of family members ...
>
> Nowadays you can find them on eBay for 15-25GBP and replacing the OS
> with SqueezeOS or something else is simply a matter of putting some
> software on a USB stick and rebooting.
>
> Outside UK you might find them but under other names. The devices came
> from Openpeak and they sold them to Swisscom and, I think, Cisco in USA
> for home energy monitoring (I have one of those as well ... taller box
> with 2 internal speakers), Verizon and Avaya (USA) for telephony.

A regular visitor to my house aged 5 can operate a Joggler in the spare
room - he seems much better at it than my wife is!
His choice of music is also infinitely better! He likes Jazz!

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3  -> Onkyo TXNR686 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Joggler & Pi3 -> Denon RCD N8 -> Celestion F10s
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi Zero+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV) & Bathroom* - SB Touch ->Denon AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s +
Pioneer ceiling speakers
*Guest Room* - Joggler > Topping Amp -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
Everything controlled by iPeng & Material on iOS