Throwing in some food for thought that may be worth mentioning and that we
like to play with:

- django-webpack-loader merged code chunking recently
- transcrypt allows coding ie with react in Python, transcrypt also
supports webpack
- chp is a project that aims to replace templates as we know them by
functions, it's a minimal port of react, it relies on transcrypt for
isomorphic support

>From my pov it seems webpack is establishing as a standard worth
supporting, but code chunking is really nice to have for a better loading
experience.

In pure Django we used to chunk by extending a script block in non-base
templates.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/django-developers/CAC6Op1_zPHFamYefkLPkYiRTnXjAbrX9wLa9XkQmYv5foNJKYQ%40mail.gmail.com.