On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 11:16 PM, Rick wrote:



Begin forwarded message:

From: Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue Aug 12, 2003  11:09:01  PM US/Central
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fwd: [drakelist] Ultimate Drake CW station?



From: Rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue Aug 12, 2003  10:47:43  PM US/Central
To: "N4EKV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [drakelist] Ultimate Drake CW station?

Hi Adam,

That's an easy one....C Line hands down...arguably one of the best CW set-ups ever produced (OK, the TenTech Omni is pretty good too)....One or both of the narrower (.5 and .25) CW filters are essential, and the 1.5 is very handy on SSB too...The R-4C audio for CW is superb...I have a Timewave DSP unit on mine...A bonus, but certainly not a "must have", the notch filter and bandpass tuning are very effective....Corse you'll need an outboard keyer for the T-4XC, but you've probably already got one...The break-in keying is fast and smooth...Plus, separates are 'bout the best RIT system out there

Rick K9RSW


On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 09:13 PM, N4EKV wrote:



I'm interested in adding Drake twins to my station and I was hoping the List
here could point me in the right direction. I operate 70% CW and mostly do
weak signal work on 20M.


I'm thinking B line or C line but I don't know the merits of each. I'd also
be interested in common mods and aftermarket enhancements that I've seen
mentioned here and in other classifieds.


What would be your ultimate Drake CW station?


73,


Adam Nathanson
Martinez, California
www.n4ekv.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------- --
Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/
-------------------------------------------------------------------- --






---------------------------------------------------------------------- Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to