Well, the C line is superior in selectivity, but mostly if it has been modified, the first IF is too broad...also get a reciever with serial number above 25,000 as there were really 3 variations of it made, the last was better...the B line is complete as is..there are mods to improve audio and other areas, the C line had separate xtal filters available where the B is four pole xtal filters and are built in...filters are not cheap, INRAD has them but there around $100 each or so. The B line is still my favorite... 73 Tim K8WBL



From: "N4EKV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To: "N4EKV" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [drakelist] Ultimate Drake CW station?
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 02:13:51 -0000


I'm interested in adding Drake twins to my station and I was hoping the List
here could point me in the right direction. I operate 70% CW and mostly do
weak signal work on 20M.


I'm thinking B line or C line but I don't know the merits of each. I'd also
be interested in common mods and aftermarket enhancements that I've seen
mentioned here and in other classifieds.


What would be your ultimate Drake CW station?


73,


Adam Nathanson
Martinez, California
www.n4ekv.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_________________________________________________________________
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail


----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe:          [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe:        [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net  http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to