-----Original Message-----
From: Roy Vickers [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2003 7:04 AM
To: N4EKV
Subject: RE: [drakelist] Ultimate Drake CW station?
Here's my experience for what it's worth. I was given, yes given free of
charge, a R2-C receiver and a 2-NT xmitr. The 2-NT is CW only and puts out
50 watts but was xtal controlled so I added a heathkit H10-B VFO. My
instuctions can be found at
http://www.zerobeat.net/drakelist/technotes.html. The receiver running the
stock 500 hz filter has great audio quality and the background noise has no
hiss like modern day receivers. It's very easy to listen to for long periods
of time. I have also owned Drake twins with the Sherwood mods and they were
the best receiving station I have ever owned. Whatever you get you will be
pleased with, Drake didn't make junk! Good Luck
Roy Vickers (KF5YU)
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of N4EKV
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 9:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [drakelist] Ultimate Drake CW station?
I'm interested in adding Drake twins to my station and I was hoping the List
here could point me in the right direction. I operate 70% CW and mostly do
weak signal work on 20M.
I'm thinking B line or C line but I don't know the merits of each. I'd also
be interested in common mods and aftermarket enhancements that I've seen
mentioned here and in other classifieds.
What would be your ultimate Drake CW station?
73,
Adam Nathanson
Martinez, California
www.n4ekv.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in
body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Submissions: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - subscribe drakelist in body
Unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - unsubscribe drakelist in body
Hopelessly Lost: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - help in body of message
Brought to you courtesy of TLCHost.net http://www.tlchost.net/
----------------------------------------------------------------------