This band / mode business is not new.

I have a booklet, titled :MULTI BAND DXCC "INSTA-GRESS" (Permanent Dx Record for all DX Awards).
This booklet is copyrighted in 1981.
This is an all paper pencil system, pre-date the Z80 Timex computer.
According to the manual pencil entries I worked 148 countries on 10 meter by June 6, 1981. Also, I worked East Germany on every band from 10 to 80 and both Cw and phone on each band.
So I guess, I am an early DX hog.
I love the on line log. No need for "insurance QSO".

73   Lou   KE1F