It seems to me that this solution would tie the K3S++ to mains power. Being tied to mains power would impact my club's use of K3s with batteries on events like the California QSO party. (Our location does not permit generators.) I don't know how much such a restriction would shrink the K3S market.

A voltage booster could be a solution. Such a device would have to be well shielded and bypassed to avoid RFI. It could either be internal to the radio or a "bump on the power cable". Such devices are available in the market and seem to work well.

73 Bill AE6JV